The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
You are an ambassador for the IKEA store meeting and serving our many IKEA visitors. You have the customer in focus, work to support sales and give our customers a good reason to return.
- Keeping the customer in focus, take action to optimize sales and convert more visitors to customers.
- Ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, attractive and inviting. You also ensure products are in perfect condition and correctly priced at all times.
- Actively learn about the products we sell, about their content, origin and other benefits. You share this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Actively approach customers to make them feel welcome and take action based on their questions and feedback.
- Understanding and contributing to your department’s action plans, and supporting the goals and targets set by your manager.
- Take action to ensure safety at all times and ensure efficiency and good operations following daily operational routines as set by your manager.
- You are service minded and sales driven and feel motivated in working in a vibrant retail environment.
- You are flexible and open, curious and eager to learn. You enjoy working together with people.
- If you have previous service environment experience it’s an advantage.
- You take pride in how you serve our range to customers and want to give them a tasty reason to return again and again!