Вакансії > Operations Manager for Quality Support Center in Supply Chain Operations
Our mission in Supply Chain Operations is to supply IKEA products to our customers in simple, affordable, sustainable, and excellent way. Whenever our products don’t reach our customers in an excellent way, we, Quality in Supply Chain Operations, take the lead to investigate deviations, connect relevant stakeholders, and mediate the discussions to decide what do we do with the goods in stock, manage the financial implications, and enable to convey learnings into improvements.
As Operations Manager, you will lead one of our teams responsible for the execution of an efficient and effective quality deviations management process. You will be part of the global Supply Chain Operations Quality management team and thereby be an active contributor to the quality direction in IKEA Supply with focus on quality development, deviation handling and compliance areas.
In this role you will also be responsible to:
• Lead the action plan work for the global non-compliant Quality workflow to develop the agenda for quality deviation management. Responsible to sponsor Quality Direction initiatives & following through until completion.
• Set performance Indicators for management of quality deviations and convey learnings into improvements. Accountable to follow up on performance results and, in cooperation with all stakeholders involved in the non-compliant workflow, support achievement of quality goals and act on opportunities to improve the customers' quality experience.
• Implement and contribute to improvement of standards for quality deviation management
• Manage the team’s assignments and responsibilities to secure efficient and effective Quality deviation management globally. Together with the management team ensure proper workload distribution according to the business needs and trends.
• Lead, develop, inspire, and empower global teams and individuals to perform to the best of their capabilities and continuously develop in their assignments.
• Be an ambassador for quality & deviation handling by leading, hosting & joining relevant forums to identify potentials, transfer opportunities to solutions and maintain strong collaboration with all relevant stakeholders
• Lead in a way that IKEA culture and values become an everyday reality and act as role model for collaboration, togetherness, and change management.
We are looking for you, the enthusiastic senior supply chain professional, who gets energy from leading, influencing, interacting, and working together to find solutions and conveying learnings into improvements.
Ideally you graduated from a university that gave you a good base to understand supply chain and quality. Professionally, you have been already exposed for some years to the complexity of global sourcing, operations, and logistics and have led people, either directly or indirectly. You understand customer needs and expectations regarding quality performance. You have good knowledge of data intelligence tools and methods to drive efficient and effective operations. You have hands on experience in developing processes and operations, leading projects, and achieving results across various stakeholders. You are strong in communicating in an inspiring and simple way to engage and build trust among stakeholders and co-workers.
As a person, quality is ingrained in who you are. You influence others around you, and you truly believe in finding better ways, continuously. You never stop learning! You are passionate about leading, coaching, and empowering people. You are a global citizen, ready to lead and work across cultures.
About the assignment
This position is full time and is based in our office in Dortmund, Purchasing and Logistic Area North. You will report to Quality Manager, Supply Chain Operations. We are offering two open positions.
At IKEA, we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues, and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging, and creativity generated by people being in the same place. Our approach is that we spend most of our time in the IKEA workplace, with the flexibility to work from home.
We are looking forward receiving your application in English by 17th of May.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think differently, act differently, and work differently as well. We like to break things, like rules. More so we like to make things, like music-playing lamps, and beds disguised as sofas, even plantballs that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. This has been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more to look forward to going home. Maybe you can help us?
At IKEA Supply we are responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with business areas, different business units, as well as our retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels, at lowest total cost.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) is a true global business unit in IKEA Supply. Our +800 amazing and passionate colleagues work across cultures and time-zones to make sure our customers around the world can buy the IKEA products they desire and love. Together with our external service providers, we develop and operate logistic and transportation solutions that are simple, affordable, and sustainable.
Read more about us at https://about.ikea.com