The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- • Lead and manage a team of Visual Merchandising co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store.
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Providing home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products to improve people’s life at home.
- Securing the use of the store layout as a commercial tool to plan and implement commercial strategies throughout the store while creating a good overview and strong visual impact.
- Recruiting, developing and leading your team.
- Develop and implement efficient/effective store communication, range presentation to support self-choice/self-serve, reflect its width & depth and strengthen our low price profile on all levels in a simple & cost conscious way
- Ensure IKEA identity is a part of the architectural elements in all co-workers and sales support areas reflecting our Home Furnishing competence and Swedishness
• Possess substantial 4-6 years of Visual Merchandising or Commercial Display experience with proven ability to visually express the brand identity of a company in a fast-paced environment, preferably from Retail business• You are able to inspire, motivate and engage people fully to reach set goals, and generate growth and long-term profitability.
• Continually seeking new opportunities to make improvements in the way we work and encouraging your team to do the same.
• Challenging your team and yourself in order to strengthen the IKEA Brand and at the same time exceed the expectations of customers.
• You have experience leading a team in a professional environment.
• Passion and knowledge of home furnishing, interior design, retail and communications
• Ability to demonstrate the brand identity in a large space, using the architectural elements of the build to create an aesthetically pleasing environment and support the visual identity
• Ability to prioritise/organise tasks both internal & external source in order to make the most efficient use of time available