Вакансії > Business Development Manager (Purchasing Manager) – Plant based Category
Category Area Food together with internal and external partners, provides the food sold and served in all IKEA Restaurants, Bistro´s, Swedish Food Markets which 500 million guests are enjoying in globally. In Category Area Food, we lead and execute the global purchasing agenda, material direction, responsible sourcing and the quality compliance agenda for the food range in IKEA. Today we are over 180 colleagues who work globally while being located across Europe, North America, Asia and other regions in order to be close to our supplier partners.
We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us and contribute to deliver on healthier and more affordable and sustainable food to the many. All parts of IKEA democratic design are important when developing and supplying our products. IKEA is filled with curious and passionate people getting energy from influencing, interacting, and working together with others, to deliver great business results.
We are looking for a business-minded connector who gets energy by developing business through people for the Food Category.
As Business Development Manager/ Purchasing Manager with large regional scope you act as an ambassador of IKEA values. You have a strong focus on both people development and business development, and constantly on the lookout to improve.
- Develop supplier partnerships and our supplier landscape to a new dimension to meet the needs of the many people today and in the future
- Set business direction with clear Action Plans to improve, develop business and supplier performance and deliver to the Category Plans
- Optimize end to end value chain creating better products at lower total costs to reach more of the many customers
- Responsible to implement and secure compliance to relevant working methods and industry regulations
- Responsible to establish cost budget and continuously secure that resources are used in an optimal way to support business goals
- Always act as One IKEA along all our core processes together with relevant functions and people
- As part of the Category Management Team, actively contribute to the development of the Category Plans and future strategy
- Lead a team of professionals with diverse backgrounds; inspire, empower and support the team and co-workers to perform to the best of their abilities and continuously develop in their assignments
- Lead the competence agenda for your business team; including recruitment, development, performance management and succession plans for co-workers in your team
- Motivate, inspire, mentor and coach your team
- Securing the preconditions for your team to succeed in your business environment
- Lead in the way that IKEA culture and values are an everyday reality. Acts as role model for collaboration, togetherness and change management, as well as Fact-based Business leadership
You are a senior leader who loves to ask “why…” and “what if..” and you are passionate about developing business and people. You have proven experience leading teams and a great track record of delivering results through the people you work with. You easily build trust and partnerships to reach common goals across borders and functions.
To be successful in this role we see that you:
- Come with great track record in leadership and strong business development. You lead by example and can bring out the best in your team and the people you encounter
- Lead on an operational, as well as strategic level, always keeping the holistic view in mind
- Have the ability to develop and build strong partnerships
- Have high energy to build trust to reach common goals and are on a constant look out for improvements.
- Change enabler, willing to find better ways and challenging status quo
- You have good ability to lead through others, embracing simplicity, common sense and, above all, a “get-it-done” attitude.
- You are an excellent communicator who inspire others and express yourself clearly. Are fluent in written and spoken English and are comfortable in visualize, presenting and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- You love the unknown, navigating in a fast-changing environment being open to doing things differently
- Stakeholder management competence
- Experiences being in a start-up environment (build up team, working processes, enablement of key processes etc.
- Remote leadership
We would love to know more about you and your motivation for this job! Please send us your application in English by 5th Aug.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, Huong Le Thi My at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Deputy Category Manager Gustaf Karlsson at email@example.com