IKEA Industry, part of the Inter IKEA Group, is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of the IKEA value chain.As IKEA’s own furniture manufacturer our role is to offer a unique advantage for IKEA as a world leader in home furnishing.
IKEA Industry has nearly 38 production units, across 21 sites in 8 countries: Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Portugal, Sweden, Lithuania, China and Hungary.
Our operations include forestry, sawmills, boards, component and furniture production. IKEA culture and values shape everything we do. Not only do the IKEA values bring us together, they also help us to do business successfully
IKEA Industry has a common organization for product and manufacturing development which is used as a common resource together across our factories and with the rest of IKEA for development within material, technique and future products within the Industry production.
Project Management Office (PMO) is a part of Manufacturing development at IKEA Industry. Our mission is to enable Project excellence at IKEA Industry. Together as a team the ambition is to provide project management competencies for global projects and to develop, educate and support project people in Project Management. We collaborate, support and spread our competence all over IKEA Industry and in collaboration with Inter IKEA to share knowledge and experience for our common ground, project management.
Right now we are looking for a Project Leader for a major investment at our particle board factory in Hultsfred.
Do you want to be a part of developing business, enabling opportunities and solving problem? Are you interested in leading projects? Are you good at working together with other people, motivating, driving and leading change?
Then this might be your next step!
As Investment Project Leader you will lead major capacity increase projects within IKEA Industry and report to the Project Steering Group or Project Owner and deliver the result to the receiving organisation – all within agreed purpose, goals, scope, time, budget and with agreed quality. The project at our particle board factory in Hultsfred includes the complete replacement of the main press line to a more modern and considerably larger one. This will also affect most other parts of the production process from incoming raw-materials to delivery of ready boards.
The assignment starts with the projecting phase up to the final investment decision, This will include to arrive at optimal technical solutions and negotiations with stakeholders as equipment suppliers, construction companies, authorities etc. Thereafter will follow the implementation of all aspects of the investment, and the assignment will end with the successful start-up of the rebuilt line.
In your role you will lead a small team of 4-6 persons. You will also cooperate actively with other functions both at the IKEA Industry Hultsfred site and with IKEA Industry’s technical common functions. You will report directly to the site manager in Hultsfred.
Exciting challenge for you who wants to...
· Lead investment projects sometimes all the way from idea to execution of the project
· Be responsible for delivering projects within set frames for scope, time, and budget
· Lead the development and continuous improvement of working methods in investment project management
· Secure regular project follow-up using existing tools and report to the steering group
· Responsible for proper handover to the line organization
· Ensure that lessons learned have been documented
· Secure project team recruitment process for establishment of the project
· Lead, coach and develop a high performing project team that will strongly contribute to reach project objectives and goals
· Take lead in working across functions within the site organization, common support functions within IKEA Industry and across IKEA Supply.
· Enable all team members to share best practices with and across the organization
· Take lead in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered
We are looking for you who are enthusiastic about developing business through leading investment projects. You are curious and enjoys to build trustful relationship and partnership in a multicultural environment.
As a person you have a down to earth attitude with values corresponding to the IKEA values. You enjoy and have an understanding that collaborating with different stakeholders is crucial to secure a successful delivery of the project. You also have passion for developing people.
We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge and capabilities:
· Minimum 7 years of experience of developing businesses and delivering results through project management in manufacturing industry
· Minimum 5 years of experience in leading and influencing teams and managers in a multicultural environment
· Experience from Particle Board production is an advantage
· Good knowledge and understanding of project process (e.g. Business Case, Project Design phases and Decision points)
· Strong experience of working and steering through financial tools (e.g.. Investment Request , P&L)
· Knowledge of IKEA Value chain is an advantage
· Ability to read drawings and plans
· Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Knowledge of Swedish is an advantage
· Have a Master of Science or University Degree in engineering– or equal working experience
Thank you for reading so far!
Location during initial assignment is IKEA Industry Hultsfred, Sweden for a time span of 2,5-3 years. After this assignment , there will be opportunities to take on similar tasks, within IKEA Industry also outside of Sweden.
Do you feel challenged and inspired by what you have seen in this job ad? If “yes!” we would love to know more about you and your motivation for this job! Please send us your application in English as soon as possible, but no later than 30th May .