The establishment of IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (ISMY) is to support/drive improvement in the current and future Logistics/Distribution Network within Asia Pacific. The organization will supply full range of IKEA products from High Flow and Low Flow goods to South East Asia market including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Australian, India and future new markets within the region.
We are strategically located at Port Klang, near Kuala Lumpur to cater for an efficient goods flow with minimum of lead time for the inbound flow
About the job
Contribute to customs operations by actively establishing, optimizing customs system and processes, by coordinating stakeholders, both internal and external across supply chain, to fulfill the goal of availability, low cost and compliance.
About the assignments
1. Establish new and optimize existing inbound, import and export customs and operation process relevant to permit issuing agencies for availability and lower cost;
2. Maintain local customs database and coordinate tariff usage in connection with Malaysia Customs authorities;
3. Handle registration and regulatory compliance with relevant other government agencies, monitor and application of certificate / permit.
4. Insight of business change and raise business requests towards system solution
5. Manage broker performance in daily work and monitor customs operation KPI
6. Be involved in customs broker cost budgeting and follow-up cost;
7. Coordinate customs audit/inquire/report to IKEA legal entities;
8. Secure customs operation comply with country specific rules & regulations;
you have University degree in Supply Chain / Logistic Management;
you have at least 3 years working experience in import or export or customs or international trade related areas;
you have good analytical and communicaiton skill
you have good knowledge in customs operations systems /quarantine/ logistic/ supply chain management
you have good oral and written skill in both English and local language;
you are fast learner
you are proactive and possess good sensitivity to external opportunities
you able to start work with short notice
This assignment will be based at IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd Distribution Centre in Pulau Indah, Port Klang, Malaysia.